Tuesday, September 23, 2008

R-Rated Kelly


BET News sat down with R. Kelly, who was cleared of charges alleging he had sex with an underage woman, and he basically confirmed every one's suspicions.

So, I don't encourage lying, but my ex boyfriend used to tell me that if you deny something enough, people will believe you. Even if they saw it with their own eyes, they'll have doubts just because of your adamant, passionate denial. (This is one reason he's my ex. How do you trust that? LOL.) Anyway, I digress. My point is that when BET's Toure asked Kelly, "Do you like teenage girls?" His answer should have been, "no."

Instead Kelly asks, "What do you mean by teenage girls?" I half expected the cops to come out and cuff him again right then. Wouldn't an innocent man have just said, "no"? Wouldn't a more intelligent guilty man have said, "no"?

I notice BET doesn't have the video link on its site anymore. That makes me wonder if Kelly's lawyers took issue with their client's answers. If they didn't, there are a lot of people out there who did.

What do you think? Were Kelly's answers as good as a confession? Will you buy his music? I won't. Why start now?

No comments: