Sunday, July 6, 2008

Baby Borrowers


Wow. Have you seen NBC's new show, "Baby Borrowers?" It takes about five teenage couples, puts each in a house in a cul de sac, and then, the couples have to take care of strangers' babies.

It's an experiment. I guess the purpose is to convince the teens that they're not ready for parenthood.

In the first episode, at least two of the teens are ready to end things. One girl, refuses to wear the Pregnant Belly provided. She cries and refuses to leave the house with it on. Yeah, who wouldn't want THAT for a mother. Another girl shows no patience and does not feed the baby for which she's caring. Then, when the mother intervenes (The real parents are viewing this all from a close location.), she gets an attitude and decides not to care for the baby at all.

That was episode one. I'm sure there are more breakdowns to come. I wonder if any of the couples will decide they really are ready for children.

I'm in my 30s, and the show's pretty much convinced me to never procreate.

Did you see it? What did you think? Is this a dangerous experiment? Would you allow your teen to do this? Would you offer up your child for the show?

No comments: